Home > Trouble Shoot Guide
If you experience any trouble with your Carrier products or systems, you may always call your Carrier dealer for help and service visits. However, here are a few simple solutions to attempt before calling your expert Carrier Dealer.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "cool" position. And the ON-OFF switch is on the "On" position.
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel). Are they in the "On" position?
- Check the outdoor unit "disconnect switch" to make sure it is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit. (Typically a small electrical box mounted to the wall within reach of the unit).
- Ensure that the blower motor in your indoor unit is running.
- Make sure your filters are clean.